4. Speaking of t-shirts, I really want this Atlas Shrugged shirt. It's one of my favorite books. I haven't seen the movie yet, but how cool would I be if I showed up to the movie wearing this shirt? Ok, I would be totally nerdy.
5. Easter is so late this year, but it has still managed to sneak up on me. I'll be posting some pictures of my Psyanky later in the week. My unsteady hand needs to get used to the feel of the kitska and the flow of hot wax. Does it sound like I'm speaking a foreign language? I am. Psyanky are Ukrainian style Easter eggs.
6. I also plan to bake paska this weekend. Paska is a Ukrainian bread that is made with LOTS and LOTS of eggs. It's delicious and sweet and I'm getting hungry typing this as I think of it.
7. I'm 25% Ukrainian. These Ukrainian Easter traditions were passed along from my great grandmother (who immigrated to New York from the Ukraine) to my mom to me. They are traditions for women only, which explains why my brother never had the patience to create eggs as a kid.
8. Do you have a few hours to kill? If so, head over to Craft Gawker. If not, go there anyway. It's a great place to find artistic inspiration, tutorials and new blogs to read. You can view my submissions, too!
9. Do you use Evernote? I can't say enough good things about it. I don't know how I organized my life before I started using this a few months ago. I use the desktop software on my personal computer, the web-based interface on my work computer and the Droid App when I'm on the go. Best of all? It's free!